Seasonal and Casual Benefits
The following is a summary of benefits that are offered to our employees, effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment. More information will be made available upon hire; the following is a recap and subject to change. This is not an employment contract. These benefits are offered to seasonal and casual employees.
- If a non-exempt resort or sales employee works on a holiday specified below and he or she is paid on an hourly basis, he or she will be paid at one and one half times his or her standard hourly rate.
- If a non-exempt, hourly, office employee works in a department that is closed on a holiday below and is scheduled to work that day, they will be paid for their regularly scheduled hours at their regular rate for that day. This applies to only certain departments.
- If an exempt employee works on a holiday specified below, he or she will receive holiday credit for the hours worked, which they can schedule to use at a later date. Exempt employees, who are normally scheduled to work on one of these holidays, but do not work because their department is closed, will receive holiday pay for the hours they are scheduled. Exempt employees who are normally scheduled to be off on a particular holiday will not receive holiday credit for that holiday.
- Recognized Holidays:
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (first Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving Day (fourth Thursday in November)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
Leave of Absence:
- The company provides a variety of leave options for eligible employees when necessary Leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Personal Leave of Absence (maximum four scheduled work weeks)
- Other Leaves Available
- Military Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty
401(k) Retirement Saving Plan:
- The 401(k) Plan allows employees to contribute from 1% – 80% of compensation to the Plan.
- The contributions to the Plan may be made with traditional pre-tax OR post- tax Roth 401(k) dollars
- Employees are eligible to receive the Company match after 12 consecutive months of employment. The Company match is made annually during the first quarter of each year to those employees who were active employees as of December 31 of the previous year. Matching contributions are subject to a vesting schedule and amount to 50% of employee contributions, up to a maximum of 5% of compensation.
Training and Education Benefit:
- In an effort to encourage all employees to pursue higher education opportunities to enhance their job performance or qualify them for promotion, the Company has established a Tuition Assistance program to assist employees in paying for job-related education for college credit.
- The tuition reimbursement program is currently limited to $1,000 per employee, per calendar year, and does not cover Real Estate Classes.
Employee Recruitment Program:
- Employees may receive a cash incentive for recruiting a family member or friend for staff position with BGV, upon hiring and successful completion of 60 days’ employment.
Employee Recognition Program:
- The Grand Vacations Award recognizes employees each month for demonstrating superior commitment to the BGV mission – Our Family Commitment: Always Grand Vacations. The award is given to employees who go “above and beyond” in providing service to guests/owners, co-workers, and/or the greater community.
- The Superior Service Award is presented annually to honor an employee who has most consistently provided superior service to our owners and guests.
- The Rob Millisor Volunteer of the Year is presented annually to honor the employee who made the most significant contribution of their time and talent to benefit our community
- The Kaizen Award is presented annually to honor the department that has achieved the greatest year over year improvement in performance
- The Culture Champion Award is presented annually to the individual who has best exemplified the BGV Passion Statement, Five Hospitality Standards, OneBGV, and other aspects of the special BGV culture that drives our success.
- The Greatest Change Award is presented annually to honor the employee who conceived and implemented the idea that had the greatest positive impact on BGV.
- The Behind the Scenes Hero Award is presented annually to honor an employee whose work, while not on the front lines of customer service, has most significantly contributed to the success of BGV.
- Anniversary gifts are given to employees each year on or near their anniversary date to recognize service given.
Summit Foundation Medallion Program:
- Contributory Program that allows employee occasional access to transferable skiing privileges at Breckenridge, Arapahoe Basin, Copper, Keystone, Vail, and Beaver Creek for employee family and friends.
- Company sponsored initiatives and benefits to promote the physical, mental, and emotional wellness of staff and families on a continual basis, including an annual wellness fair with biometric screening.