With a continuous flow of people visiting Breckenridge, we offer a variety of winter and summer events to make your vacation unforgettable. Enjoy our unique character and have a good time with locals as we take the time to celebrate in every season. Join us and run with hundreds of Santa Clauses for the Lighting of Breckenridge, or raise your stein with us during Oktoberfest weekend!
Not a huge fan of the cold? They say people come to Breckenridge for the winters but stay for the summers. Breckenridge offers something for everyone throughout the summer. With a wide variety of events ranging from festivals, farmer’s markets, concerts and much more – Breckenridge has a summer event just for you!
- Independence Day, July 4 – Celebrate the 4th with a 10k trail run, 50k bike race, arts festival, kid’s activities, concerts, the big 4th of July parade on Main Street, a free patriotic concert by the National Repertory Orchestra and fireworks (if permitted)
- Breck Bike Week – Centered around Colorado’s professional road bike race, the US Pro Cycling Challenge, this week is geared toward outdoor enthusiasts able to play in Breck’s backyard. Check out our “pro” striders; a group of two to five-year-olds that will race down Main Street on pint-sized pedal-less bikes prior to the Stage 5 finish.
- Labor Day Weekend – Includes the Summit Foundation’s Great Rubber Duck Race, the Gathering at the Great Divide Arts Festival, Sidewalk Sales and much more!
- Oktoberfest – Every year, Main Street closes for three days and brings the feel of Bavaria to Breckenridge. Come join in on all of the happenings including great parties, fall colors, collectible steins and much more!
- Fall Fest – Join Breckenridge Grand Vacations at the Riverwalk Center for a day of family fun! Activities include bouncy castles, face painting and balloon art, fall-themed crafts, caramel apple decorating and much more! Attendance is free, but a $5 suggested donation benefits the Family & Intercultural Resource Center. 11am – 3pm. Click here for more information!
- Dew Tour, December – Catch the excitement and witness the spectacle that is the gravity-defying stunts of the world’s top skiers and snowboarders!
- The Lighting of Breckenridge & Race of the Santas – Every year on the first Saturday of December, locals and visitors get together to celebrate the beginning of the holiday season. This free family event is stocked with hot cocoa, cookies and caroling. Join us as Santa arrives around 5 p.m. to guide the parade to Blue River Plaza where he presides over the lighting of the Town Tree.
- International Snow Sculpture Championship – Come see snow transformed into art on a grand scale right in front of your eyes. Each January artists from around the world gather to create impressive snow sculptures from twenty-ton blocks of snow that stand ten feet high. Even more impressive is that they are only allowed to use hand tools! Week 1 – Technical Week: Volunteer to stomp the blocks and ready the site for the competition! Week 2 – Sculpting Week: Sculpting begins with a gunshot start. Week 3 – Viewing Week: Stop by to view the sculptures as they will be up all week weather permitting.
- Ullr Fest – Ullr Fest is Breckenridge’s signature locals winter festival. Ullr Fest has been going on in Breckenridge for over 50 years and is a favorite festival for locals and visitors alike. In Norse mythology, Ullr (pronounced Oool-er) was the God of Winter. This weeklong celebration brings you a family day with free activities, the Ullympics, Ullr parade and a town bonfire.
- Mardi Gras – Every year Mardi Gras fans visit Breckenridge to ski, ride and celebrate Fat Tuesday with masks, boas, beads, music and revelry. Breckenridge celebrates by closing Main Street and hosting a Mardi Gras Parade. The fun kicks off at 2:00 p.m. for a Fat Tuesday party in the streets! The procession is a traditional Mardi Gras Parade like you would find in New Orleans, filled with crazy floats and colorful characters. This is a free event that is fun for the whole family!
Check out our events calendar through Best of Breckenridge!